Friday, December 22, 2006

Resolutions No- Lifestyle Change- YES!

FROM THIS






TO THIS





I am not one to make those stupid New Year's Resolutions. I have resolved what my intentions were for the year back in October. The weight loss in an ongoing, uphill battle. I can eat right, but stress causes me to resume horrible habits. Stress is being reduced somewhat this year, because the ex is fulfilling his promise to pay all of his child support this winter.
I find that if I lay my plans down in writing, I am more likely to keep them up.
Here Goes:

1) Continue to work on the weight loss
2) Get the YMCA membership.
3) Take water aerobics
4) Get a Pilate's plan either through my friend or video
5) Weight train to increase muscle strength for my bad back and find some abs
6) Date- thus far the scariest thing I'm planning
7) Dress nicer
8) Re-decorate my sad assed married home into a cool single chick paradise.
9) Get ready for Abi's graduation by actually fixing up my yard.
10) College for the degree- double Associate of Applied Science- Respitory Therapy/ Medical Assistant.

Just a little work huh? It'll have to happen in small incriments or I'll lose my mind.
College looms darkly in the fall. I like college, I'm an excellent student. It just adds that extra bit of baggage that freaks me out.Plus, all of my academics have expired since I attended college in 1984. So I have to take all of it over again.
( English, Math (ugh),Philosophy ( drat). On the plus side, I am going to take vocal music classes again. My first intended degree was Vocal Music Performance, which I dropped to get married. It'll be nice singing again. I guess........ My voice is not up to my standards anymore.
So here's raising a toast to the New Year, The New ME!

No comments: