Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Knowledge


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





I have acquired a great deal of knowledge in 41 years. I have learned how to care for a home, kids, and how to work since the divorce. In college, I learned how to give injections,do lab procedures, take blood pressure readings, read and write prescriptions, draw blood and spell medical words.
I have also learned some things I wish I hadn't needed to learn.
1)I learned that love is fickle, and ends abruptly.
2)I have learned how to " work the system" for welfare- all the forms and how much info to give or not to give.
3) I have learned how to smuggle toilet paper out of work when the money just isn't there.
4) I have learned that the dollar store is often the only place I can afford to buy necessities.
5) I have learned that sometimes, in order to eat and have utilities, you have to not pay car insurance or credit cards.
6) I have learned that some people do care and send you secret gifts so you can buy groceries.
It's all bittersweet knowledge. Suffice to say; I have learned to survive.

No comments: