Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sarah- Smile- cuz that's all you know how to do


I found this online

Palin said if she and John McCain win, they will “put government back on the side of the people of Joe Six-pack like me.”

Palin said she and her husband, Todd, have been affected by the economic downturn.

“The relatively low number of investments that we have, looking at the hit that we’re taking, probably $20,000 last week in his 401(k) plan that was hit. I’m thinking, geez, the rest of America, they’re facing the exact same thing that we are,” she said.

“I know what Americans are going through,” she said a day after a record 778-point plunge on Wall Street. “Todd and I, heck, we’re going through that right now even as we speak, which may put me again kind of on the outs of those Washington elite who don’t like the idea of just an everyday, working-class American running for such an office.”

Palin makes $125,000 yearly as governor, and her husband makes about $90,000 a year combined from his commercial fishing business and his part-time job as a production operator on the North Slope.

Doesn’t sound like an average Joe to me.


I have always known that the Republican party regards me, as a woman, and especially as a stay-at-home mom, to be a simple creature that must be guided by A MAN, because I lack the intelligence to make an informed decision regarding my vote. After all... I'm only a woman right?
Guess what you crazy bitch- that $20,000 hit your retirement account took, well that's all I made in a year. I worked my ass off to sell shit to people that didn't need it, drove 30 miles one way to do so, and in the end was given the shaft. I am starting over at 43 in a new career path. What's the likelihood I'll ever get to retire huh?
I'm not stupid. I am a member of Phi Theta Kappa, I have an IQ of 142 but, I am poor and working class. I was told by a person at Michigan Works that a "good" paying job was $8.50 and hour. I said sure, as long as I can live in my car.
The Republicans, as well as many others, have absolutely NO GRASP on what an average American has to do to earn a living. Not to say that the Democrats have that firm of an idea. Nor have I found anyone financially comfortable necessarily having empathy for those with less.I can't tell you how many folks are surprised that I'm intelligent because I don't have a degree.
We as women aren't fooled McCain- She may be a woman, but she's still Republican. And for the record- I don't drink Six packs either. I prefer a nice white wine.

UPDATE: After watching the debate, I liken Sarah Palin to the insipid cheerleaders from high school: Pretty to look at, not a lot going on between the ears. Rather cultlike with her "John McCain says" POV. All in all- scary. I dislike her as much as Hillary. ( See, I'm non- partisan)

1 comment: