Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Next Step


Nothing worth doing is easy, boy do I know that!
Trying to get into college is a battle. I have to pass a test given by the state to prove my proficiency of at least 9th grade. Then the pre req.'s, then another test, then I can be accepted into nursing school. I am seriously thinking about RN rather than LPN. It takes longer and as long as my unemployment can hold out, I can do it.
I am attempting to get my computer fixed so I can do my writing, and take online classes as much as possible to save on gas money and time.
I feel altogether too old to be in this position, but I am, so why bitch?
I'll keep everyone posted as to this epic adventure. make your teenagers read this as a lesson of why to continue their education.

1 comment:

Two Dishes said...

I personally was on fire to go at my post-bacc stuff (2 years of intense chemistry at Northern Illinois Univ 1993 - 1995). I then was pretty hard working, maybe half as hard, for Ohio State (1995-1998). Now I'm even reduced by a further half in my current classes. It's still cool, I just wish I could sustain a sincere obsession. I bet you can exceed me.

Stay obsessed and push, push. You can be the curve-wrecker for those youngsters...