Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The single most annoying thing about this summer cold is all the the plans it destroyed. I had Sunday and Monday off. I was finally going to have time to seek adventure in my little downtown area. Alas, Saturday night found me with a sore throat and sneezing. By Sunday it was a full-blown cold including runny nose, slight fever, sweating and cough.
Today is the first day I've ventured out. I am at the library, tissue in hand.I'm not nearly as grotesque as yesterday. I can smell things a bit today. I showered and dressed to take my daughter to work.
All the plans......Pastry Shoppe, Java and Juice at Atoms, perhaps a light lunch at the corner Diner, re potting my new herbs, finally emptying the boxes of cookbooks into the cupboard; all for naught.
Maybe I can try again. My next weekend off is the same one as my Open House Party.
I somehow think I'll be a bit busy that day.
Damn you virus!

No comments: