Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Jazz Baby


I have found myself deeply entrenched in the past.
I love history as it relates to the real ways in which people lived. Wars, dates ect- they're boring to me.
I went to the library and checked out the pictorial history of Detroit 1910-1930, and a book about Hudsons. That led me to another book called " The Devil In The City" about a serial killer taking place during the World's Fair in Chicago in 1893.
History and crime. Oooohhhh, now you're talking.
this has led me to get more books about my favorite era- 1920-1930.
Work is slow. I am bored, so I have been reading a book a day for the last two weeks. the librarians know me now and aren't surprised that I check out 12 books at a time. I do read them all too.
I long to return to the past. My home reflects that too in it's decor.
I feel an urge to write another book, already bored by trying to write the other one. My computer is officially DEAD, so I have to go to the library. Unfortunately, I am one of those folks that talk out the book before writing it. I can't to that in the library, lest I get kicked out or locked up for talking to "the voices".
My Mom says I'll never meet anyone with my nose in a book all of the time. I say, fine. Imaginary men are far more interesting to me at this point anyhow!

1 comment:

Two Dishes said...

That photo of the flappers is crazy with a capitol Z.

Oh man, would you enjoy the BBC episodes of Ring For Jeeves (maybe called Bertie and Jeeves). The whole 1920's thing is going on, big time in that show: clothes, furniture, slang words...

The books are by PG Wodehouse and about as quick to read as a Hardy Boy.