Thursday, June 18, 2009

"Thy friendship oft has made my heart to ache: do be my enemy for friendship's sake."


Friends wonder why I am reticent to get to know new people.It is self protectionism.
I admit to having trust issues. I am a very loyal and faithful friend, and I expect the same thing from my friends.
A few days ago, I was verbally attacked by supposed friends on Facebook. It was like a kick to the guts.It's not as thought I believed they were good friends, more like friends of friends, but I am stunned by the need of some to go for the throat when unprovoked.I cannot fathom being so awful, ever. Their own friends aren't all that enamoured of them either.
I have found that evolved people tend to give another person the benefit of the doubt. I find that people with some sort of belief system, other than selfishness, are kind to those that live differently. I have friends that are different religions, cultures and values and we all get along because we all have the same value: respect of others.
Next time you see that single mom trying to do her best, don't judge. You don't know all of the details. When you see the homeless man on the street, look into his eyes, give him a buck and tell him God, Buddha, or YOU care and love him.

No comments: