Sunday, June 21, 2009

I van to be aloon


I have reached that point in my life where I am no longer "cool".
I am set in my ways, I like quiet, my dogs and hanging around home. I am okay with that though.
I still like interesting things. I daresay I am quite the opposite of dull. I simply have reached the point where I no longer care whether others find me all that cool or not.
I like to think of myself like a really good Chinese meal- full of differing textures and flavors. I am Catholic, yet I champion gay rights. I like old things, but I like the arts and crafts, prairie style which is the precursor of modern design. I love both punk music ( the old stuff) and I adore bluegrass ( but not new country). I used to fret about whether others found me odd, but now in my middle years, I embrace my weirdness. I don't need to be a hipster. It takes too much work, and it's far too negative.
To quote a famous naval officer, "I am what I am and that's all that I am"

No comments: