Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Experiment


I recently participated in a little experiment. I stopped taking my Zoloft for a couple of weeks. Reason number one was that I didn't have the money for them, and number two, I felt I was stigmatized by taking them. I know better. I am trained in the medical field. I crashed HARD! I can no more control my low serotonin uptake than a diabetic can control their lack of insulin production.
I got the script, took them and I already feel better. I have a major obsessive/ compulsive disorder that causes be do become preoccupied with my immenet downfall. I obsess on how many ways I can and believe will lose everything and end up homeless.
Many around me aren't entirely supportive either, so i tend to run with the worst case scenario.
I took my Zoloft today, and I will continue to do so.

No comments: