Friday, June 22, 2007

Fun with Poverty

Lest you should think I've overdosed on my Xanex, let me explain.
I have satellite TV, but my anxiety causes me to become antsy if I sit too long.
My land line phone is off for non-payment, so I can't use my computer. ( yes I still have dial up). I spend my time walking and hanging out in the library.
Soon I will reduce my satellite to very basic to save money, I reduced the plan on my cell phone today, I eat sparingly, lots of protein shakes, which will help my weight loss and is quite cost effective.
Having no money for gas to drive anywhere has caused me to rely on finding fun nearby. I judge my purchases on whether I can walk there. My attendance at church this Sunday will be decided whether to walk 7 doors down to the catholic church,
( I am not catholic) or 1 block to the non-denominational church.
I did drive to the grocery store today, payed my cell phone bill,and visited my brother at work,all of which started me well on my way to a panic attack.
God has no subtlety. He has pulled me way back. I HAVE TO de-stress.
I think I'll enjoy this new Urban way of life. My kids have been a no show for 2 weeks now. They're not adjusting very well I'm afraid. The ex and I will have to have one of our "conversations" Thank God for Xanex.

No comments: