Friday, May 4, 2007

Pooh Bear


I tend to be a worrywart. I came by it naturally from my Mom. She worries herself sick and obsesses about everything.
After a big storm, I went to the new flat to discover a small puddle in my bedroom.
Then upon inspection of the basement, I found 1/2" of standing water in a large section of the storage area.
I had never seen the basement in light before because the former tenants let all of the light bulbs burn out and the real estate agent, who handles the property for the landlord, never replaced any of them.
I was heartbroken. When I lost my house to foreclosure,I found this place instantly and really felt that it was the answer to my prayers. It was a real "God Thing". He took my ashes and changed them to beauty. He does that sort of thing.
I tentatively called the landlord. Who wants a tenant that complains about stuff before they've even moved in? My fears were alleviated when he called me back right away,as did his maintenance man. Tim, the maintenance man will be meeting me Saturday to look at the roof and the storm drain in the basement. The landlord assures me that everything will be taken care of immediately.
When all of this happened,I freaked out, but I did think " Hey Denise, if this is a God Thing, won't He take care of this problem?" He did.
I also read the Tao of Pooh. Pooh and I have a lot in common. Prior to my disastrous marriage, I was a person that viewed life with childlike curiosity and a trusting positive nature. I have begun returning to that viewpoint. I am mature enough to realize that being a trusting innocent can bring me misery if I have faith in less-than- trustworthy persons for I do not live in The Hundred Acre woods.
I sure would like to. I even like honey.

No comments: