Saturday, April 28, 2007

Penne with Asparagus and Lemon


I can't help shake the feeling I am on the verge of something wonderful and exciting.
The new flat, Spring in the air.
I am seeing things as if with new eyes. I found myself transfixed by a lemon. The way it looked, it's fresh scent and the powerful taste and fragrance from the juice.
It pleasured me again in my penne pasta and asparagus, as well as a tall glass of iced water.
I watched Joyce Meyer before bed. She admonished all of us to live simply.It must have stayed on my mind through the night. I woke up to see things in a new light.
Even though my job is crappy right now and moving is a nightmare, I am so excited about my new home,that I have found my mind drifting to it. It represents a new start for me. I can see myself entertaining in it, relaxing it it, and even making love there. The last one especially has been filed away in the back of my mind.I dared not even consider ever allowing myself to dream of relationships. I am quite tentative still, but I find that I am open to the possibility of dating.
I am, not unlike others of my age group, set in my ways. I like doing what I like. My kids are still at home but probably for only another 6 years or so. I find joy in reading books that are a bit removed from the norm, like Forensic Pathology. I obsess over the history of my neighborhood. I enjoy one-sided conversations with my dog, watching ducks with their ducklings, geese with their goslings and swans with their cygnets, hummingbirds at the feeder, and wondering at the inner secrets of Lake St.Clair. I can hardly wait to plant my scarlet lillies, pumpkins and tomatoes in the tiny flower bed in our miniature yard. I like to go on My Space or watch The Chiller Network as well as Forensic Files. I look forward to my pathogenic microbiology class in the Fall. I love being a dork!
I just wonder, can a woman of 42 find someone that will allow me to continue my interests unabated and that will like the quirkiness that I exude? I care, but I will never stop being "me".

No comments: