Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Delicious Life


In my mind, life has become a buffet of tantalizing variety.
My life lately has been a daily dose of oatmeal, plain no sugar. Boring, dull, yet filling and healthy. The daily grind of work, clean, pay bills, same old.
In my last post, I referred to losing my home. It happened. My house was foreclosed on, and auctioned off. (That delicacy would probably be raw dandelion greens, bitter.)
Then, doing a search online I found an flat that is bigger and in a better neighborhood, and still in my kids school district. Also, $150 less a month. It is walking distance to The Village of Grosse Pointe, I'll get a Park Pass to one of the best parks the city has to offer.( This tastes like the first ice cream cone of the summer season)
I thought I would be devastated. I figured I'd have to consider the possiblilty of losing my kids because they would opt to live with their dad.
Apparently,none of these are in the works. My kids are excited about moving. I can even take the dog. All of my friends are volunteering their assistance.
The surprise? (The hot fudge ice cream puff when you weren't expecting it) I have a
date for an upcoming wedding. Nothing romantic. Just a really nice guy I can talk to and interrogate for my upcoming book. He has knowledge in the area of police procedure.
Auntie Mame said " Life is a banquet and some poor suckers are starving"
I concur.

No comments: