Friday, May 11, 2007

Imps


Can't seem to shake it. I never know what will bring this on.
Looking up at the stars this evening, I felt an overwhelming sense of dread.
Things are looking up for me as I am on the verge of moving into a flat that I love,
yet underneath it all, a little voice whispers " You'll only screw this up too"
and " Something will go wrong, you don't deserve this" It used to have my ex husband's voice but now it's only my own.
I would chalk it up to self loathing, but I feel good right now. Pessimism? Maybe.
I just wish I could feel good about my decisions and not worry about the evil little imps of destruction I always anticipate.

1 comment:

Two Dishes said...

It's interesting to read this sort of revelation. I'd never detect this self doubt until you said it. It feels good to share these private fears.