Saturday, September 10, 2011

Once more with feeling


Things change rapidly. My job is not secure, I am reconsidering my career choice entirely. I do love and adore seniors but I think that I need to work elsewhere.
I have also had to confront some negative personality traits within myself.
I am a brutally honest person. I am no good at game playing and workplace pissing contests. I also can't stomach BS .I also have the tendency to say what I'm thinking, which gets me into trouble. I am working on me during this time of strife. There are no second chances for me here, so sadly, it's time to move on I guess. I have to get past my stinking thinking, wherein my mind tells me I am a horrible loser. I guess it's a learning curve for me. I have only been in the workforce for 10 years this year. I have had a delayed adulthood from my time as a housewife and years of being told how stupid and lazy I was has made me sensitive to criticism. I am getting better and better with this and all I can do is pray that Gd has a plan for me. I may have contributed to the unfavorable outcome with this job but I also realize that I am not the ONLY problematic person in this situation. Is there such thing as a job for an altruistic person that loves senior citizens?

1 comment:

Denise Spring said...

but make no mistakes- I will still be working with seniors, just elsewhere