Monday, January 18, 2010

Sick of being sick


First week back to classes after Christmas and I caught the flu. It started with a sore throat, progressed on to a runny nose, headache, cough and fever. This time I was very careful about taking natural meds and tried Mucinex. I have to say that Wellness Formula from Source Naturals is what helped me to get better faster. Since I'm asthmatic, I usually get a secondary infection,most often bronchitis or pneumonia. My glands were swollen and I took 2 WF, 3X a day. My glands went down and I am pretty much better after 4 days. I also took EmergenC 2X a day and drank a lot of liquids, ate chicken soup and the usual home remedies.
Now I need to find a way to boost my immune system so that I don't catch something so often. I had the flu in the Spring and Fall last year and in the Fall it was the
H1N1. I seem to get sick a lot and I worry that my career aspirations as a nurse may be derailed by this repeated illness.

No comments: