Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ahhhh yes.....


It all comes back to me......... this is why I had become a hermit.
I do want friends, but I think the art of friendship is lost these days. There was a time when people were appreciated for being individuals.
I want friends who like me the way I am, not that want me to change and conform to them. There are very few that I can enjoy my time with for that reason.
This weekend, I spent time with people that liked my sense of humor, sarcastic nature and didn't say "Oh now Denise, always look on the bright side of life", which made me like them all the more. I had fun, and never had to feel as though I needed to edit myself or worry I was "too opinionated", the very traits that these people like in me.
Like me or leave me alone....... Some folks like me warts and all, so bugger off the rest of you!

No comments: