Tuesday, April 13, 2010

BFF


In looking back at my life, I realize I've had very few real friends. I have only experienced 2 or 3 friends that were actually true.
I have had a lot of people that hung around for what they could get out of the friendship. Usually either because I was acquainted with someone they wanted to know or involved in something I was into, like music.
I look at friendship as having similar interests and really being a caring person. There seem to be all too few people like that. I have many "friends", but I can only think of 2 that I would call if I were in dire need of talking, and even then, I'm not certain they would be available.
I'm not certain what the problem is. I try to reach out to others and be a good friend, but it seems to be a waste of time. They never call me, invite me to meet up for coffee or dinner, or even send me an e-mail.
It seems to be nearly impossible to make friends now that I'm past 40.
*sigh*

No comments: