Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas time is here


Things are looking up in my meager financial situation. I will still get some food stamps and my kids and I can stay on Medicaid. I am all registered for college which begins January 14th. I don't know where I am financially with college though. If I have to take out loans, so be it.
This might actually be the first Christmas I've enjoyed, poverty and all, in nearly 9 years. I'm not working retail, so it's not the over- commercialized pile of poop it normally is for me. My plans are a family evening Christmas eve, Midnight Mass at St. Ambrose and Christmas day at my brother's. I have no money, half a tank of gas left and the food stamps are long gone,but it's still nicer than dealing with the obnoxious consumerism of the mall and the mall zombies that suck all of the meaning out of the holiday.
I finally get to enjoy Christmas again! That's worth more than money can buy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great Denise. I hated working retail during the holidays. It's just so stressful.