Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I am a rock, I am an Island


It is quite apparent to me that all of us in this world are seeking love. I know a lot of us aren't finding it.
I have lived my 43 years so far for the betterment of my children and formerly, my spouse. Now I find that I am very alone in this world. My parents are still around but live 200 miles away. My siblings have their own stuff going on. My birthday was yesterday. My mom called me, and a few folks left messages on MySpace.
This isn't a pity party, but it is an eye opener. What sort of connections have I lacked in making that has brought me to this desolation? It brings to mind the quote of Thoreau and" quiet lives of desperation"
I work, I clean, I cook, and rarely, I spend time with "friends", but are they really friends? What does that mean? How important am I to anyone? Is this my fault? Have I been a shitty friend and therefore I am reaping the consequences?
I am truly at a lack to understand why it is I can't seem to make connections in this world. I am not referring to romantic aspirations necessarily either, although that would be great too.
Feedback please...... anyone??..........................

No comments: